Sport club “SKIF” is rather young but it already can boast of some success.
- Igor Yevtushenko: got 1st place at KIEV OPEN 2016 NO-GI, among veterans, 2nd place at the KIEV OPEN 2015 GI, 2nd place at OPEN 2016 NO-GI in Zaporozhye city, 2nd place at the open cup of Nikolaev region on traditional Jiu-Jitsu, 2nd place in the Kherson region championship in pankration under grappling-GI and 3rd in grappling-NO-GI section.
- Sergey Yevtushenko: got 1st place at the Open Championship of Nikolaev region in pankration under grappling-GI, 2nd place in the Kherson region championship in grappling-GI section, 2nd place in the open tournament of the Kherson region in grappling, 2nd place in the open tournament of Nikolaev region which was dedicated to the Victory Day in the grappling-GI section, 3rd place in the open cup of Nikolaev region of traditional Jiu-Jitsu.
- Vlad Kulakov: got 1st place in the Open Championship of Nikolaev region in pankration under grappling-NO-GI and 2nd place in the grappling- GI section, 1st place in the open tournament of the Kherson region in grappling.
- Ivan Zlobin: got 2nd place in the open championship of Nikolaev region in pankration under grappling-GI section.
- Music Alexander: got 2nd place in the open championship of Nikolaev region in pankration and grappling under-GI section.
- Glory Andrew: got 1st place in the open tournament of the Kherson region in grappling section.
One day head of the “SKIF” club together with his son decided to visit section of mixed martial arts. That’s where he has heard about such kind of sport as BJJ. Thus passion for Jiu-Jitsu began. Club “SKIF” was opened in 2015.
“Techniques we took from internet, we discussed them, studied and trained. Step by step, people who wanted to be engaged in BJJ started to join us and our club. There was no Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu section before in our city. There were only mixed martial arts in Kherson city. Thus, step by step we stared to move forward” – the head coach of the club said.
Web site: www.berimbolo.com.ua/skif/
Last modified: June 2, 2017