Steve Maxwell will be coming to Sarajevo, Bosnia and he’s ready to share some knowledge!
The seminar is dedicated to Mobility Conditioning for Martial Arts & Combat Sport. It will be held on Saturday 23 September from 15:00 to 18:00, location is still TBA.
Steve Maxwell is a physical educator, coach, martial artist and nomad. He is a 5th degree Jiu Jitsu blackbelt under Relson Gracie and has trained with some of the best in the business incl. Rickson Gracie, Helio Gracie, Xande and Saulo Ribeiro, Kron Gracie and many others. In this seminar, Steve will present the movements, exercises, drills, and mental techniques he credits with keeping him in the grappling game for over a half-century. He will also learn:
- Why jiu jitsu training on its own is not enough for superior physical fitness, and which supplemental measures every grappler and fighter should include in order remaining youthful, vigorous, and pain-free;
- How the fighting arts — especially the jiu jitsu “guard — compromise the posture and what to do to correct;
- Learn Steve’s singular shoulder complex that will keep your shoulders strong, mobile, and pain-free — especially good for rounded shoulders, or internally-rotated arms;
- The importance of foot and ankle integrity, strength, and mobility — and what this has everything to do with preventing knee injuries. Why most jiu jitsu players suffer from gluteal amnesia — and how to correct this;
- The major source of back and knee problems — and how to improve your situation
- Why most jiu jitsu players have poor abdominal muscle control, relying on hyperactive hip flexors to get the job done;
- The importance of neck and spinal mobility — and its direct relationship to youthfulness, mental and physical health, and injury prevention.
Source Link: http://www.bjjee.com
Last modified: November 8, 2017